I have a ton of food allergies and sensitivities (wheat, dairy, etc.), so finding really yummy alternatives to foods I used to love is always fantastic.
Lasagna is one of the foods I miss the most & I've seen various allergy-friendly recipes on Pinterest (cause I'm addicted), so I decided to try and make my own.
Here's the recipe (serves about 2 - 3 people):
- 1 Squash
- 1 1/2 C Spinach
- 4 small Bell Peppers
- 1 C Tomato Sauce
This is the type of recipe that can be adjusted specifically to you. So if you like more spinach or peppers or... meat, feel free to adjust this recipe to what you like.
Here's What you Need to do:
1. Take an oven-safe pan, spray it with canola oil, and set the oven to 425.
2. Cut up your squash (this is replacing the wheat pasta) into thin slices and arrange a layer in the glass pan.
3. Also cut up your peppers and take some spinach to layer on top of the squash.
4. Spread some tomato sauce on top of the vegetables
5. Repeat steps 2 - 4 for a second layer.
|I also added garlic salt and lemon pepper on top of each layer|
7. Let cool and enjoy!
I don't know about you, but I think this looks amazing (and it tasted equally so) and it's so easy to make!
Bon Appétit ❤